I'm really fond of games using 2d6 for some reason (perhaps a nod to Classic Traveller?), and so when I came across A+ Fantasy on my forays across 1KM1KT, I decided to check it out. In the author's own words, it features:
- 2d6 system
- Non-opposed Task rolls based on Character Ability
- Rewards for rolling Doubles
- Character evolution supersedes character creation
- Skill based system without classes or levels
- Spell casting based upon Elemental Spell Weapons
It likely won't be everyone's speed, but it has enough interesting concepts, enough crunch to keep things from getting too hand-wavey, and at the same time somewhat of a rules-light aspect to cater to a few different crowds at once. You can check out the free 28-page download here (PDF, 480 KB).